Sunday, March 1, 2009

Suva

Hey everybody,

It's been a busy few days. I've been feeling kinda sick lately with the adjustments to water and my new diet. Everyday is an uphill battle to stay hydrated. We had another Kava ceremony on Friday. It lasted much longer. I probably had ten cups. By the end of the night, it had completely lost its novelty and appeal. We explored the town of Ba on Saturday. On Sunday we went to Natadola Beach. It's one the most beautiful beaches in the world according to the travel channel. It was wonderful to swim in the ocean and toss the frisbee around. Right now I'm in Suva. We had our first lecture this morning and it was about archaeology, which made me happy. I'll try and post pictures this week.

-Al

1 comment:

  1. HEY! keep away from that kava stuff...i keep thinking about the whole 'numbs your mouth' thing, and i just go HEEBEE GEEBEES or whatev

    OH weird story: i got the blues brothers music from my host father.and by got, i mean i stole from his wireless external hard drive! ^_^ i'm listening to the muffin song!

    ReplyDelete