Monday, March 2, 2009

More from Suva

I just got my wireless hooked up on the University of the South Pacific Campus so I'm pretty psyched to have a solid internet connection. I also just got my cell phone here and was able to call home, which was really nice. The weather is still really hot. We had more lectures today. One was about the coup cycle in Fijian politics and the other was about economics. It's kind of nice to be back into academics. It helps me realize that I'm not just here on vacation. The campus here is beautiful. It has lots of trees and flowers and winding paths. We have class in a Bure, which is a traditional Fijian house. It's pretty sweet. I've still been feeling pretty sick, but I think that once I get over it I can really start to enjoy myself. We're staying in a hostel this week which is a little tougher then the hotel we were based out of last week. I'm starting to get to know the kids in my program better. They're from all over the country, which is interesting. I promise pictures tomorrow, now that I've got set internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment