Thursday, April 9, 2009

Savusavu and Taveuni

I'm finally back in Suva. The rest of the excursion was fun. I was sick most of the time in Savusavu as I said earlier, but I still had a little time to explore. Savusavu is a very westernized city. It has lots of American property owners and its known for yachting. It had some pretty sweet restaurants and it was a cool place.

From Savusavu, we headed to the island of Taveuni. Taveuni is known as the garden island. We were staying at a campground on the beach. Taveuni was probably the most beautiful place I've been in my entire life. We did some pretty sweet activities. We went snorkeling at a marine reserve, which was amazing. We also did a coastal hike and visited some waterfalls. One of the waterfalls doubled as a natural waterslide, which was really fun. It shot you out over the pool and then when you hit, the full force of two waterfalls shook you up underwater like a washing machine. It was really exhilerating. I also got to visit the international dateline, which runs across the island. I took some pretty funny time travel pictures which I'll try and post soon.

Right now I'm home in Suva. It's been nice to relax and be home. My host family also got two brand new kittens, which has been really fun. I've been playing with them alot. I've got a ton of assignments in the coming weeks, which I'm not excited about. Other then that life is going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment